Why Pest Inspections are important? …
Five years ago I was asked to inspect a property South East of Melbourne. The property was at the end of a court, elevated with a magnificent view over a golf course. A large deck veranda was positioned outside the lounge, dining and kitchen areas to make the most of the glorious outlook. The purchaser who asked me to inspect the property was in love with it and was stretching her budget to buy this property. One small problem, the property was infested with white ant which was not detected by an external visual inspection.
My investigation uncovered that they had infested the subfloor through to the roof, including many wall structures. Many tens of thousands of dollars were needed to repair this property.
Pest Inspections …
A thorough investigation to detect evidence of active or past damage from termites and borers. The inspection is assisted with specialized tools including the latest technology in thermal imaging.
We inspect all areas of a building (subject to safe access limitations):
- Exterior of the building
- Interior of the building
- Roof space
- Subfloor space (if applicable)
- Outbuildings (garages, carports, verandas, fences and so forth)
Did you know …
Termites are found in every suburb of Melbourne and throughout all of Victoria. Refer to the CSIRO Termite Report on Melbourne
Subterranean termites are by far the most destructive timber pests in Australia and termite surveys conducted find that one in three homes in Australia will be affected by termites at some stage.
The Latest Technology …
- Termatrac Radar the latest in infrared and radar technology to sense movement of termites behind a wall or structure. (click on the Termatrac mage on the right for more information).
- Moisture Meters to determine hidden damp areas behind different surfaces.
- The latest Thermal Imaging. I have a Certificate 1 in Thermography. Many inspection firms own thermal imaging cameras but do not hold a qualification or are even trained in using them. Without this training and experience, the equipment is virtually ineffective. The heat generated from a termites nest can be detected using a thermal imaging camera.
For peace of mind and protection, we have insurance cover of $5,000,000 public liability and $1,000,000 professional indemnity.
Australian Standards …
Inspections meet the Australian Standards for timber pest inspections (AS 4349.1–2010).